29 January 2016
Welcome to 5 Minute ADTEKR, your five minute speed read of news and analysis from the past week. Short and sweet, this series highlights key news, developments, trends and predictions in a bite-sized format.
Your speed read for this week:
On ADTEKR this week
Rational Reactions To Ad Blocking Emerge As The Emotional Debate Rages On
As the ethical and highly emotional debate rages on between publishers and ad blocking software providers, this week on ADTEKR we look at some of the more practical and rational reactions surfacing in the market, as brands and publishers accept that ad blocking is not just going to be swept under the carpet.
Headlines: What’s in the news?
- Marcoms and Adtech Merger Activity: 2015 Round-Up – Last year’s adtech mergers and acquisitions trends suggest that the market is unlikely to slow down in 2016, writes Results International’s Julie Langley.
- Singapore Adtech Startup Eyeota Secures $7m Series A led by Global Brain – Singapore-based advertising technology startup Eyeota has closed a $7 million Series A investment led by Global Brain Corporation and joined by Infinity e.Ventures and existing investor Project A Ventures.
- Auto Adtech Platform PureCars Can Now Retarget You On Facebook With The Exact Car You’re Interested In – As it is usually the second biggest purchase a consumer makes after property, selling cars online has always been a struggle. PureCars have now released a retargeting program that may bridge that gap by using a user’s Facebook page to “remind” consumers of the exact car they were interested in.
- OpenX Unveils Real-Time Guaranteed – OpenX announced the launch of real-time guaranteed (RTG), the first solution to enable direct, guaranteed deals executed over programmatic technology with audience syncing and precise forecasting.
Source: Adtech Daily
- Jargon Hype: How Word Usage Is A Barometer For Industry Buzz – Mark Davenport, Senior Director of Analytics at The Trade Desk, demonstrates the key themes of adtech over the past four years by analysing the words used in adexchanger.com’s daily emails.
- The Importance of Formats in Native Advertising – Founder and CEO of Zedo, Inc., Roy de Souza outlines what native advertising actually is and the effect it will have on the industry.
Source: Adtech Daily
- Social ROI: The Need For Measuring Long-Term Investment – Dave Hanley, Principal at Deloitte Digital examines the future of ROI due to the ability of social media keeping a campaign alive well after the investment is finished.