12 February 2016
Welcome to 5 Minute ADTEKR, your five minute speed read of news and analysis from the past week. Short and sweet, this series highlights key news, developments, trends and predictions in a bite-sized format.
Your speed read for this week:
On ADTEKR this week
Luxury Dinosaurs: Soon to be Extinct?
High Net Worth Individuals are a growing online presence. However, in contrast to their HNWI buyers, luxury brands have, traditionally, not been comfortable with the digital world. That has to change. Why have luxury brands resisted the digital world for so long? And, more importantly, what can they do to fully embrace online advertising and harness its appreciated potential?.
Headlines: What’s in the news?
- Grapeshot Raises $8.5M in C Round Funding – Grapeshot has raised $8.5M in a C round with over $4M coming from their first investor IQ Capital which has participated in every round since Grapeshot took venture capital in 2009. Albion Ventures joined the Board in April 2014, and continues to invest, whilst Draper Esprit are the new lead investors who priced this C-Round.
Source: Alley Watch
- Digital Performance Advertising Company Criteo Adds 900 Customers and cross the €1B Annual Revenue Mark for the First Time – Criteo’s mobile revenue is exploding, based on its 2015 financial results issued on Tuesday. The company also added 900 customers in the past quarter, reaching 10,000 accounts, and crossed the €1 billion annual revenue mark for the first time.
- Nielsen Takes Controlling Stake In Nielsen Catalina Doubling Down On Measuring Buying Behaviour – Nielsen is increasing its ownership stake in Nielsen Catalina Solutions (NCS), its joint venture with shopper marketing company Catalina, from 50% to a majority 63.5%.
- Hemnet Selects PubMatic to Exclusively Power its Programmatic Advertising – PubMatic, the marketing automation software company for publishers, announced it has been selected by Hemnet, one of the largest publishers in Sweden, to exclusively power the publisher’s programmatic advertising strategy across its desktop and mobile inventory.
Source: Adtech Daily
- Why Header Bidding Will be one of the Most Talked About Topics of 2016 – Lisa Menaldo, Managing Director UK at Sublime Skinz, outlines why she thinks Header Bidding, and the challenge it is posing to Google, will define 2016.
Source: The Drum
- New Research Uncovers the Limits of Viewability – New research from real-time advertising experts, Quantcast, reveals 97% of European inventory is not available at the 80%+ viewability goal.
Source: Adtech Daily
- Why Are Marketers With Sparse Data Licensing DMPs? – VP of Strategic Account at Krux looks at why even consumer packaged goods manufacturers are investing in DMPs.