8 April 2016
Welcome to 5 Minute ADTEKR, your five minute speed read of news and analysis from the past week. Short and sweet, this series highlights key news, developments, trends and predictions in a bite-sized format.
Your speed read for this week:
On ADTEKR this week
5 Ways Publishers Can Make the Most of Real-Time Data
As an increasing amount of data flows through the media industry, publishers need to understand how to make the most of this opportunity in their programmatic ad sales. In this article, our Adtech Star Bill Swanson, Vice President, EMEA at PubMatic, reveals how publishers can make smarter, more informed business decisions that drive revenue growth.
Headlines: What’s in the news?
- Free learning academy exploring world of ad-tech – The social and digital media agency Popimedia hopes to inform marketers about the opportunities that social and digital media offer to their brands and the role that ad tech plays in reaching ROI with its free learning Ad-Tech Academy.
- IBM hires former AOL president Bob Lord as chief digital officer – The hiring of the former AOL president and Razorfish CEO was first announced last weekend, with Lord being handed the responsibility for managing digital presence and operations alongside running its digital platform, sales and marketing.
Source: The Drum
- Augmented Reality And Virtual Reality’s Susceptibility To Ad Tech Problems – Ephraim (Jeff) Bander considers the benefits and nuances that these new technologies could provide for the online advertising industry.
- Does Google stand a chance against Facebook in mobile display? – Ginny Marvin outlines a brief history of how Facebook became the leading seller of display advertising worldwide, analysing this in comparison to Google’s strengthening position in mobile display.
Source: Marketing Land
- The marriage of technology and publishing – video – A panel of experts discuss the benefit ad tech can provide to the publishing industry as consumption modes continue to change.
Source: The Guardian